[LRUG] LRUG

Tiest Vilee ruby at tiestvilee.fastmail.com.au
Mon Apr 10 23:00:03 PDT 2006

Hi everyone.

I'd like to thank Chad Fowler for a great chat last night;  his talk was
full of humility and insights into the changing world of Ruby as seen by
an 'old timer' :-)
And a big thank you also goes to Dean Wilson for providing the venue, it
was just the right size.

Talking of venues, Wendy Devolder of SkillsMatter (the group that Chad
is doing his RoR training for) has offered us their room from next
month.  Their office is just off Old street, about 5 minutes from the
tube.  It seems like a good partnership to me, so if no one objects I
will contact her tomorrow to organise things.
I thought that maybe we might start making the meetings a little more
regular, such as the 2nd monday of every month (which was last night).
This would make it the 8th of May for the next meeting.  Again, if
people think this is alright then that's what I'll organise with Wendy.

Finally, Rob and I thought we might get together to throw together a bit
of a website now that we have a more regular venue/time and can fit
enough people.  Maybe write it in Why's teeny webframework, just to be
different :-)

Tiest
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
 -- Shelley