[LRUG] Last Nights Meeting

Anthony Green email at acgreen.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 23:23:22 PDT 2006

Given that I noticed a number of people couldn't make last nights meeting
would people like to give their overview of the topics that were
discussed...

Chad stared with a talk about the growth in Ruby popularity from his
experience as the Ruby Conf organiser, what impact Rails had on attendance
(and the kind of attendees)

He briefly mentioned his current project and his exploration of how well a
Rails app scales in terms of complexity and the problems he was
encountering.

He mentioned where he though Rails 2.0 would go, and the next version of
Ruby. He talked about his next project which involves Ruby
Metaprogramming...

He took a QA and answered questions about Java and Ruby and some other
concepts all of which went over my head so I'll leave it to the people who
posed them to explain..

Tony