[LRUG] Pizza on Rails and the big LonConf

Dan Webb dan at danwebb.net
Tue Aug 15 03:17:32 PDT 2006

In terms of justification of the entrance price, I'd roll out the same
excuse I always do for going to conferences:  The contacts you can make are
invaluable and can really help your career.  In the case of RailsConf, if
you'd like to stop working for Microsoft (I used to do work for
Microsoft...what company?) and get a Ruby/Rails based job then they'll be no
better place to meet your next employer.  Over the past year I've been to a
fair few confernences and the contacts I've made have made me wonder why I
didn't fork out forth them before.

This of course only works if you actually talk to the other attendees.  Ive
seen lots of people at conferences hiding behind their laptops which is
completely pointless.

--
Dan Webb
http://www.danwebb.net