[LRUG] Meeting August 8th and September 4th

A. S. Bradbury asbradbury at tekcentral.org
Thu Aug 17 15:08:56 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 10:31, Wendy Devolder wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am not entirely sure for the below which bits n pieces what to include
> on the LRUG registration page...
>
> Could Alex / Rob send me the following?
>
>     * Talk Title:
Ariel - A Ruby Information Extraction Library
>     * Full name speaker:
Alex Bradbury
>     * Synopsis of talk:
Ariel - A Ruby Information Extraction Library was developed as part of
Google's Summer of Code. Hear about some of the theory and ideas behind it,
what Ariel can do for you, and also some thoughts on what tools and resources
are most useful for a relatively inexperienced developer embarking on a
project headed for public release.
>     * Short bio / background speaker (two or three lines - only if
>       available)
Alex has been working in the Google Summer of Code program under the mentoring
of Austin Ziegler (who recently presented at LRUG). He is an 18 year old due
to start a Computer Science degree at Cambridge this October.

There you go, hope that's appropriate? Do feel free to fiddle with the text if
you want to, the title sucks but hopefull the description gives an idea of
what I hope to talk about.

Alex