[LRUG] SMS receiving in Ruby

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 09:33:49 PST 2006

If what you want to do is send something from your mobile to have it be
processed by ruby, you could do what I did some time ago (altho' not with
Ruby as the processor): send an MMS to an e-mail address (assuming your
mobile provider has such a gateway, O2 does, or did) and then have procmail
set up to filter certain sender addresses to a ruby script.  You're then
just processing e-mail.

Muz