[LRUG] LRUG Pub Quiz - Update

Joanna Go joanna.go at skillsmatter.com
Wed Dec 13 08:17:17 PST 2006

Hi Murray,

I just spoke to the Crown Tavern, which is the pub we usually go to
after the LRUG meetings.  They said that you could reserve the upstairs
room for £50 and that it could hold about 60-70 people.  Let me know if
this sounds alright with you and I can help arranging something.

Best,
Joanna

Murray Steele wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick update about the Pub Quiz in January.  I'm still working
> on the venue, but I have managed to get my filthy mitts on some prizes.
>
> First off: Addison Wesley have agreed to give us a copy of 'The Ruby
> Way' 2nd Ed, plus a discount voucher for their online store.
>
> Secondly: I'm just waiting for confirmation from The Pragmatic
> Programmers as to what they'll send.  Dave Thomas said "books", not
> "book" in response to my begging, so it should be good (assuming I
> don't jinx it by talking about it).
>
> I'll update the LRUG website and the upcoming event once I've
> finalised these details, but I thought you all might like to know that
> there'll be something significantly better than my mouldy old
> university textbooks up for grabs.
>
> Cheers
>
> Muz

*Joanna Go*
Marketing

*t* 0207 1072620
*f* 0207 1072621
*e* joanna.go at skillsmatter.com <mailto:joanna.go at skillsmatter.com>

**Skills Matter /2007 Events!!/*

*The RoR eXchange, feat. Chad Fowler, James Cox, and more! - February
9th <http://www.skillsmatter.com/rorexchange>*

*The Grails eXchange, feat. Graeme Rocher, Dierk Koenig, and more! - May
30th-June 1st <http://skillsmatter.com/menu/339>*
*

*Skills Matter Ltd*
<http://www.skillsmatter.com> 1 Sekforde Street