[LRUG] Ruby Jobs

Anthony Green email at acgreen.co.uk
Sat Jul 8 00:47:18 PDT 2006

> Thank you all for the replies.
> The last job offer is 2 months old.
>
> Mirek

Not unsurprising. There aren't that many companies using it.
Persuading management that a switch to Agile + Rails/Ruby when all the see
are pitchs and deadlines is touch.

Nearly all the ones I come across are startups.

(Matt can correctly if I've got this next bit wrong) At the BBC the
appointment of Mark Thomas ( ? ) the new DG and his vision of BBC 2.0 being
part of the web rather than just on it means for now theres more of a bottom
up approach to the decision making process, developers getting to present
their case for the adoption of technologies like Rails.

Regards

Anthony Green

York Web Developers Group | London Ruby Group | London Web Standards Group

http://upcoming.org/user/36987/
http://del.icio.us/rarepleasures