[LRUG] London Ruby Users Group

Tom Armitage tom at infovore.org
Tue Jul 18 02:08:40 PDT 2006

I work a fair bit on both sides of Rails in my spare time, and am a
client-side developer/markup coder at work. We've recently launched
one moderately big project on Rails, and have a few more in the
pipeline. I did a follow-up to the design team (most of whom are not,
say, hard-core coders or developers) about working in Rails. Along the
way I looked at why writing your own template code, and getting
involved with the client-side of the development process, is a good
thing.

I was wondering if there'd be any interest in a 5-15 minute rundown
from the other side of the coin? Something for developers on how to
play ball with front-end coders/designers, and how to help them get
involved in their half of the process? Because Rails is full-stack, it
allows a level of ownership that, say, J2EE often doesn't, because
people can only see their tiny bit of the project.

I'm not sure what everyone's level of, say, XHTML or JS is, but I'm
sure everone know some (something I'd be talking about...) but I know
there are people interested in Rails popping along to the meetings,
and it might provide some contrast to Geoffrey's talk.

Let me know, anyhow, what you think.

t.