[LRUG] PHP and Rails

Anthony Green email at acgreen.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 11:41:59 PDT 2006

If I was recruiting a PHP programmer these days I¹d be asking for one who
had Ruby or Smalltalk on their CV. Many recruiters already ask for Java.
As you¹ve already discovered there are some dodgy PHP coders out there and
adding that to the criteria improves the quality of the candidates.

As to his arguments regarding scalability and recruitment I can remember the
reading the same ones 10 years ago regarding PHP.