[LRUG] Techa Kucha Night

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Fri Jul 7 07:12:13 PDT 2006

Hope some rubyists will want to come / speak...

========--------

Techa Kucha Night, London Westminster University, 7pm, Tuesday 25th
July.

Pecha Kucha is a cool way of organising talks where each speaker is only
allowed 20 slides with 20 seconds per slide. This keeps the speaker to
the point and allows time for the audience to be exposed to a wide range
of ideas.

Techa Kucha is a night of tech-focused Pecha Kucha talks on Tuesday 25th
July (TBC) at Westminster University* starting at 7pm (entry is FREE).
Think dorkbot meets London Javascript Night meets GLLUG meets EuroFoo
meets... you?

* map: http://tinyurl.com/l3yb5

========--------

Want to speak? Good! Get involved!

Email your 20 slides to steve at asklater.com (we want to avoid the laptop
connection problems) in PowerPoint, Keynote, PDF or JPEG by 7pm on
Monday 24th July (a day before). Keep them simple in case we have to
import the presentations in a different program to the one you used!

========--------

Short of a topic but itching to talk? Not sure if your topic is "tech"
enough? How about an inspiring tag cloud taken from a selection of our
del.icio.us links to get you started?

3d, ai, ajax, api, apple, architecture, art, articles, book, css,
design, design, dvd, extension, firefox, flash, flickr, free, funny,
games, geo, gmaps, google, graphics, graphs, html, infovis, ipmap, java,
javascript, london, mac, maps, music, mysql, news, openstreetmap,
pedestrians, people, photography, photos, politics, processing.org,
programming, quotes, rails, rss, ruby, software, uk, urban, web...

Basically: anything goes!

========--------

Disclaimer: Techa Kucha is not an "official" Pecha Kucha night.

Pecha Kucha originates from the Tokyo architecture scene where it was
invented by Klein Dytham architects, and it's now gone global [1].  Icon
run a night in London at the ICA [2] and recently staged the World's
Biggest Pecha Kucha, but we first came across it at an
impromptu/unofficial Pecha Kucha session at Reboot8 in Copenhagen [3].

1. http://www.pecha-kucha.org/
2. http://www.pechakucha.co.uk
3. http://reboot.dk/wiki/PechaKucha /
http://www.youtube.com/profile_video_blog?user=punkey