[LRUG] PHP and Rails

Richard Livsey richard at livsey.org
Wed Jul 19 17:31:56 PDT 2006

+1 Someone who can back up their PHP abilities with a knowledge and
enthusiasm for other languages is a must. PHP seems to be one of the
languages in which it's difficult to find a good programmer. The low
barrier to entry appears to have flooded the market with some seriously
flaky people. That said, I've only ever interviewed people for PHP
positions and so can't really compare it to anything else.

Oh, and hello everyone!

I'm a PHP to Ruby/Rails convert and have to say that it's ruined my
enjoyment of developing with PHP! Currently finishing off a Masters
degree and am moving to London in September to work full-time with Rails.

I've also got a Rails app (http://thatsprogress.com) which will be in
beta in the next few days - will send a code here for you all to try out.

Looking forward to making it to the first meet-up when I move down
there.  As a bit of an OT aside, does anyone have any recommendations as
to areas to live in London? Currently trying to narrow down places to
look for a house share. Company offices are in Neal's Yard.

--
R.Livsey
http://livsey.org