[LRUG] ReeVoo ruby parser installation

Paul Battley pbattley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 06:49:48 PDT 2006

Hi,

> It was suggested that I should post a request for help
> operating the opensource ReeVoo ruby parser on this
> list, so I am writing to ask if anyone would be
> prepared to walk me through testing it to see if it
> has installed successfully, and perhaps reinstall it
> if necessary. Info on the parser is outlined here if
> people want to see if it is of interest to them:

I wrote it, so I can probably help!

Installation should just require typing 'ruby setup.rb' in a console
with the relevant permissions. To see if you have installed it, the
easiest way is to open irb and type the following:

require 'uformats'

If you get the answer => true, you're all set. If you don't ... let me know.

> setup.rb downloaded from the code listed here:
> http://opensource.reevoo.com/trac/uformats/browser/trunk
> seemed to be successful, but I cannot get the test
> feature to give me results.

You should be able to run the tests from within the trunk directory
regardless of whether it's installed or not:
ruby test/all.rb

The file sample/hreview_parser.rb grabs a web page and lists all the
HReviews on it; I suggest that you look at that as a starting point.
If you are looking for a page to test it against, try this:

ruby sample/hreview_parser.rb
'http://po-ru.com/diary/review-the-bug-digital-radio/'

> htmlentities seemed to have installed
> successfully as required.

Did you install the version from my site, or the one from RubyForge?
If it's the latter, make sure that you add "require
'htmlentities/string'" to the top of any program using uformats.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Paul.