[LRUG] Convincing a bank to use Ruby

benjohn at fysh.org benjohn at fysh.org
Fri Mar 17 01:53:45 PST 2006

> Benjohn's suggestions are excellent, but assume some level of authority
> in the organization.  If on the other hand you are a mere developer in
> the trenches, or a contractor brought in for maintenance on a hemoraging
> project (ahem), then you're probably not in a position to even *try to
> assuage fears.  In that case, I would try the more guerilla techniques.

:) I was going to reply in the opposite way to your post! Heh. I was
going to say credit people with a little competency, give them some
respect, tell them the truth, and there's a reasonable chance they'll
bite.

So - you have two ways to approach :) I guess you can pick the relevent
one for your organisation.