[LRUG] Fwd: Next Meeting

Tiest Vilee ruby at tiestvilee.fastmail.com.au
Tue Mar 21 23:23:44 PST 2006

OK everyone,
Pub on the 30th - any suggestions?  We usually end up somewhere around
Holburn, so that would be a good place to start

meeting with Chad on the 10th - does anyone have a venue they can
provide?  I've just come across another reference to ShMock, so Ben, are
you up for talking about it?

Tiest

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:23:49 +0000, "Richard Drake" <rdrake98 at gmail.com>
said:
> Sorry, meant Thursday **30th** March won the most votes. Doh! Given short
> notice I suggest meeting without speakers, to share experiences and
> aspirations. Which pub was being recommended?
>
> I assume Monday 10th April would be best for a meeting with Chad Fowler,
> avoid XTC and Abdel's birthday. But as I'm away I'll let others decide
> how
> to decide on that.
>
> Richard
>

> On 3/20/06, Richard Drake <rdrake98 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Happy birthday in advance, Abdel, as I won't be around to say it in
> > person!
> >
> > Thursday 28th March at 7pm wins our original poll. It's only now that I
> > realise that the one-day Carson training in Rails in London is the same day:
> >
> > www.carsonworkshops.com/dev/rubyonrails/30MAR2006.html
> >
> > Geoffrey Grosenbach is leading that and I guess would be another useful
> > guest for LRUG. I will try to find out what he might be willing to do in the
> > next day or so.
> >
> > More anon.
> >
> > Richard
> >

> > On 3/20/06, Abdel A Saleh <abdel.a.saleh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > At the risk of sounding repetitive, April sounds great for me as well as
> > > long as its not the 12th cuz that's my B'day.
> > >
> > > Also, having a set day to host the meetings sounds good as long as we
> > > can be flexible, which judging by the traffic on this mailing list it seems
> > > everyone is. Any day other than Tuesday sounds fine.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Abdel

> > --
> > Ruby for laser purity
> >

> --
> Ruby for laser purity
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
 -- Shelley