[LRUG] Topic for Next meeting

Tiest Vilee ruby at tiestvilee.fastmail.com.au
Sun May 21 03:09:10 PDT 2006

uh-huh :-)

I think, though, that our situation is such that we don't have that many
people who are working full time with Ruby, and not that many people
hacking with it either.  This could be 'cos we haven't contacted those
people, or because it's a fairly young language in the UK.
The reasons don't matter, the result is that
* most people are newbies (I count myself in that group) and are coming
along because they are interested in finding out about Ruby
* we don't have that many regular users who want to talk about some hack
they've recently performed. (Sean's guys, your (Ben) guys, Eleanor)
I guess my email was also a veiled request for more regular users to put
their hands up - so here is an unveiled request.

Could people please volunteer their ideas for meetings they would like
to host, and would like to see.
If we can assemble a good list of stuff that could keep us going for a
few months that would be great.
And, at this stage of brain storming - any idea is a good idea!

Tiest