[LRUG] Topic for Next meeting

Eleanor eleanor at goth-chic.org
Wed May 24 13:06:09 PDT 2006

On 22 May 2006, at 07:12, Tiest Vilee wrote:
> Would people be interested in looking at a whole unfinished/
> experimental
> DSL for finite state machines?  I could compare it to 'finite state
> machine generator'.

Now who can resist an offer like that ;)

> Also, any comp sci heads out there want to talk about
> continuations?  I
> figure if they can have a talk about it at the RubyConf then we can
> have
> a talk about it here :)  Also Monads, Functional programming etc

This is an area that could really do with a good presentation but
it's not exactly newbie friendly. I do have a copy of Structure and
Interpretation of Computer Programs lurking somewhere which has good
coverage of these concepts in Scheme - that might be a good source of
inspiration for a talk but I'm already fully-booked for June.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Systems Developer
http://www.telnic.org/