[LRUG] Introducing myself

Brett Norris norri_b at hotmail.com
Wed May 3 00:16:47 PDT 2006

Hi all on the London Ruby Users group mailing list,

Just thought I'd introduce myself - my name is Brett Norris and although I
live
and work in Bristol, I thought I'd join this group as it was probably likely
to be
more active than many of the other users groups.

A bit about myself - I first discovered Ruby about three years ago and
haven't yet come across any other technology that I enjoy working with
quite as much. Unfortunately I don't get to use it commercially as much
as I'd like - the large consultancy that I work for prefers languages for
which
they could easily hire 100 developers if they so desired. Instead, I try to
sneak Ruby in by the back door - e.g. using it for proof of concepts,
automating
test data generation etc. In some ways I hope that Ruby does start to get
mainstream attention (more opportunities to use it).

I'd be interested to hear of other people's experiences on this mailing list
-
are many people in the UK / London actually producing commercial work
with Ruby / Ruby on Rails?

Brett