[LRUG] Topic for Next meeting

Benjohn Barnes benjohn at fysh.org
Sun May 21 13:24:28 PDT 2006

Okay :) After an unveiled hint... I'd be very happy to do a talk
through of something neat about Ruby. It's a talk I was going to give
at work. I'd give you a really noddy demo of Ruby's socket handling.
I'm not Ruby guru, and I'm no socket Guru, but I reckon that I could
do a nice demo. It'd probably be ideal if we could have a small
number of laptops on a WiFi network, and I think we could probably
build a very simple collaborative talker server. Anyone interested?

If it's only going to be two people, I'll just pull out my laptop
some time and show you how easy it is. If it's going to be a few
more, I'll try to plan something a bit more involved, and it'd be
great if someone else could write it up somewhere; perhaps bosh it on
Ruby garden. Sound reasonable? :) Dreadful idea? Totally the wrong
level to pitch at?

Cheers,
	Benj