[LRUG] Topic for Next meeting

Benjohn Barnes benjohn at fysh.org
Fri May 26 14:13:27 PDT 2006

On 26 May 2006, at 15:29, Robert McKinnon wrote:

> Hi Benjohn,
>
> The material behind the talk sounds good, but I'm not sure if live
> coding makes a good presentation - might lack the flow of prepared
> talk. What do you think about preparing the code first, doing a walk
> through in the presentation and the live part can be the audience
> trying to write the socket client? That way we won't run the risk of
> getting stuck at the first hurdle.
>
> cheers,
> Rob

Thanks for the advice Rob :)

I've thought about this, and I'll think about it more before trying
to present.

I'll probably do it something like the "making a thing" sessions on
Blue Peter :) A lot of here's one I prepared earlier :)

I really do want to do some live stuff at the IRB prompt though, and
this is aimed a little at newcomers. It's one of the amazingly
appealing things about Ruby for me: like being in BBC BASIC after
years of dull dull dull compilers :)

To get a feel, this is still at the level of three or four people
around a computer? Or has it reached a few more, in which case its
going to get very crowded, even with a really big font.

Thanks,
	Benjohn