[LRUG] LRUG site ideas

Simon si at tinypla.net
Sat Nov 11 07:00:16 PST 2006

Hey all,

FWIW, I prefer Richards logo (Logo:
http://livsey.org/experiments/lrug/lrug_logo_1.png), to me it is a little
less clinical than pauls logo (which is also nice!). The main thing tho is
that it is consistent with ruby-lang. DRY design perhaps?

While I also have my doubts about the site design in isolation (I think the
new ruby-lang site just looks like a run-of-the-mill kubrick ripoff, and
while contrained width designs are all the rage right now, what's the point
of us all having these new widescreen displays?), again, Richards design is
consistant with the ruby-lang site. The also happens to make the design
refactoring a piece of cake.

'course, this all depends on whether there is going to be a lrug.org
redesign at all.

Just my newbie 2p's worth... FIGHT! ;)

--
Si