[LRUG] January Pub Quiz Meeting

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 02:33:29 PST 2006

Hi all,

If you were at the last LRUG meeting, you'll know that the plan for the
January meeting is to have a pub quiz.  I'm going to try to organise the
venue soon.  Rob suggested the pub that we normally visit after our normal
meetings which seems reasonable as at least we'll all know how to get there,
but if anyone has any other suggestions then please feel free to suggest
them.

Before I start calling round pubs I need to fix the date.  Is the standard
LRUG meeting schedule of 2nd Monday of the month, that's the 8th of Jan,
good for everyone?  Over the 'festive' period people are likely to vacate
London and be charging around the world visiting folk, so I just wanted to
check if the majority of LRUG-ers would be back in the big smoke by then or
if I should aim for the following Monday (15th Jan) instead.

Cheers,

Muz

ps. It would appear that I've already managed to get rid of the Cobol book
that I was promising as a prize, I do hope no-one is too upset by that ;).
I'll see if I can sort something better out for prizes, speaking of which,
if anyone wants to sponsor the prizes, or donate something, I'm sure that
can be arranged.