[LRUG] Stealth Group!?

Ben Griffiths bengriffiths at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 10:19:13 PDT 2006

On 10/27/06, Chris Mear <chris at odegy.com> wrote:

> >> Quick! Someone post this on teh LRUG homepage!!
> >>
> >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/pizzaonrails/243555779/
> >>

> > I know you're joking, but please don't.
> >
> > I'm really disappointed in that photoset and how Pizza on Rails are
> > choosing to market themselves.  There are lots of people working
> > really hard to ensure that women are equals in our industry (eg: the
> > recent discussion sparked by http://factoryjoe.com/blog/2006/09/15/
> > the-future-of-white-boy-clubs/).  A photoset like that does a huge
> > amount of damage to that work, particularly when it doesn't actually
> > reflect what happened at the event, and it makes the London Ruby
> > scene look pretty poor by association.
>
> Hear hear. I saw that photoset and couldn't believe it. Quite apart
> from the good work it's undoing, I'd be flat out embarrassed by an
> event that involved hired eye candy feeding me greasy pizza. That's
> just not pleasant for anyone involved.
>
> As someone who wasn't at the event, and who hasn't in fact been to
> any kind of developer meet-up yet, stuff like that just makes the
> whole scene look, well, pathetic.
>
> Chris

Hi all,

I'm not plugging my own blog here. Oh, wait a minute, yes I am.

I blogged about this and my shame about it here -
http://www.reevoo.com/blogs/bengriffiths/2006/10/19/living-in-the-past/

What's interesting, mildly, is that Robert Loch who organised the
event commented on the blog entry - so if you want to make sure he
sees it, by all means comment away.

Ben