[LRUG] Fwd: pre-conf beer next Wed Sept 13

Tom Ward tom at popdog.net
Thu Sep 7 05:58:36 PDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Ward <tom at popdog.net>
Date: 07-Sep-2006 13:57
Subject: Re: [LRUG] pre-conf beer next Wed Sept 13
To: Joanna Go <joanna.go at skillsmatter.com>

On 07/09/06, Joanna Go <joanna.go at skillsmatter.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I've found what seems to be a pretty cool venue for Thursday night.  I
> don't know if you know of it but, it's this bar called Ruby
> <http://www.ruby.uk.com/sequoia/private.htm>, which I thought was rather
> fitting.  It's located at 23 Orchard Street, London. W1.  That Thursday
> night they will be playing trunk, soul, disco, which should be an
> interesting mix.  So, if this sounds fitting for you lot, just let me
> know.  By the way, I've asked for a room for 35-40 people.  I wasn't
> sure how many people we would be expecting, so please let me know of
> that as well as what times you'd like the party to go for.  Like I said,
> we'll take care of some of the drinks.

Looks really nice; much better than my suggestions.  It's really hard
to estimate numbers, but I reckon more than 50.  I guess it depends
how much we promote it during the actual conference.  It's free entry
to the bar before 10pm in any case, so if more turned up, it wouldn't
be the end of the world.

Timings: the conference isn't due to finish til 8:30pm, so from 9pm onwards?

Tom