[LRUG] RailsConf Europe

Wendy Devolder wendy.devolder at skillsmatter.com
Mon Sep 18 00:31:07 PDT 2006

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and for helping to make
RailsConf such a success - we are thrilled to hear you all enjoyed it!

We enjoyed the 2 days a lot as well and would like to thank you all for
your participation and feedback!

A big thanks as well to David (Black) and Chad for organising a great
list of speakers and presentations!

And a big thanks to all the speakers for participating and doing a
sterling job!

Finally a big thanks to the LRUG and Joanna for organising the RailsConf
After Party. I think everyone enjoyed it very much!

So, enough exclamation marks now - and a few logistical notes:

    * We would like to dedicate a couple of webpages to RailsConf and
      Joanna will be writing up some observations and post lots of
      pictures shortly. If anyone has any great pictures that should be
      posted as well - please send them to Joanna
      (joanna.go at skillsmatter.com)?
    * We would also like to include as many links as possible to blogs
      and sites reporting on RailsConf - so any blogs and lnks that are
      a MUST to include - please send these to Joanna?
    * We have recorded most sessions in audio - and most in the main
      Congress Hall in video - and once we have sifted, edited and
      converted these into podcasts,  we'll post them on our website
      along with some of the presentations of speakers - we'll keep you
      informed when we upload these.
    * Any suggestions on anything else we should be posting - let Joanna
      know!

Big thanks again to all and looking forward to seeing you soon at the
next LRUG meeting!

Wendy

Scott Rutherford wrote:
> Likewise, nice one Skillsmatter.
>
> Scott.
>
> On 16/9/2006, "Dan Webb" <dan at danwebb.net> wrote:
>

>>> Wendy and her team did a brilliant job of arranging the whole thing.
>>> I wonder what they have up their sleeve next?
>>>
>> +1 to that. It was excellently organised.  One of the best confs Ive
>> been to.  Good skills!
>>
>> --
>> Dan Webb
>> http://www.danwebb.net

*Wendy Devolder*
Business Development

*t* 0207 1072620
*f* 0207 1072621
*e* wendy.devolder at skillsmatter.com <mailto:wendy.devolder at skillsmatter.com>

**Free Summer Seminars!*
*Ajax Seminar - June 29th <http://www.skillsmatter.com/ajax-seminar>*
*Aspect Oriented Programming Seminar - July 7th
<http://www.skillsmatter.com/aop-seminar>*
*Groovy & Grails Seminar - July 13th
<http://www.skillsmatter.com/groovy-grails-seminar>*
*SOA with Axis2 & Web Services Seminar - July 20th
<http://www.skillsmatter.com/soa-axis-seminar>*

**RailsConf Europe 2006 - Sept 14 & 15*
* Meet over 25 web 2.0 experts from USA and Europe and learn why Ruby on
Rails has become developer's favourite language and framework. * Find
out more!* <http://europe.railsconf.org/> *

*Skills Matter Ltd*
<http://www.skillsmatter.com> 1 Sekforde Street
London, EC1R 0BE