[LRUG] April Meeting - 16th April - Lineup?

Tom Armitage tom at infovore.org
Wed Apr 4 03:23:51 PDT 2007

Quoting Suw Charman <suw.charman at gmail.com>:
> I'd certainly be happy to wait a month for a beginner's session, given
> that I haven't been able to look at RoR at all over the last few weeks
> because of work.
>
> I'm not quite sure what I would ask for in terms of content. At the
> moment, I am working my way through the Agile web development book,
> but whilst i understand what i am doing when they ask me to do it, i
> can't then generalise on to my own projects. So maybe some more
> details explanations of which bits do what might be helpful? Mind you,
> maybe I'm the last person to be suggesting what I need to know, given
> how useless I am at RoR.

I think there's a slight misunderstanding going on in the past emails,
given this one - Suw is looking for a _Rails_ beginner's session, and
Muz's email was more directly targetted at a Ruby beginner's session.

Personally, I can see there's value in both, and I think it's more
important to do a generic Ruby starting session before considering
doing something similar for Rails.