[LRUG] April Meeting - 16th April - Lineup?

Jonathan Leighton turnip at turnipspatch.com
Tue Apr 3 14:51:14 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 10:18 +0100, Murray Steele wrote:
> Whilst I don't think that anyone needds to prepare anything, as you'll
> just be talking about things that you'\ve been doing, and your
> experience of REST, I do think it might be interesting to have some
> sort of agenda to keep the discussion on-topic (and to feed the
> discussion if it falters a little).  If we have that then we'll
> probably need someone to chair the panel, Jonathan, would you be keen
> to "lead" the panel?

Sure... I promise not to be too bossy ;) I'll put together a summary of
REST things we've discussed on this list and some links from the
interweb so we will have plenty of conversation food (yum)

> Two or Three people does not a panel make, methinks.  So, anyone else
> got any experience or done any deep-thinkwork with REST

Just to get more people interested: I don't think you really need to be
a huge REST expert to be involved (I'm not) - you just need to have used
REST with Rails and have opinions to share about that.

> or anyone a complete REST nay-sayer to provide a counter-point
> argument?

Definitely! Does anyone hate REST? Martin Sadler didn't seem very
enthusiastic when we spoke at the pub last month - would you be
interested in being the Opposition? ;)

> We've still got plenty of code left over from the code-review, so we
> can do another one of those as well if people are interested.  Sounds
> like Paolo is available to do his talk about TabNav as well
> (presumably assuming someone can put him up for the night).  So it
> could go like this:
>
> Short talk about TabNav
> Short code review (we'll e-mail the code round before hand so people
> have an idea of what it is before we go over it)
> REST Discussion
>
> Does that sound like too much for one night?

Sounds fine to me so long as the chunk of code isn't too
large/complicated.

--
Jonathan Leighton, Web Developer
Portfolio: http://jonathanleighton.com/