[LRUG] April Meeting - 16th April - Lineup?

Eleanor eleanor at goth-chic.org
Wed Apr 4 07:30:37 PDT 2007

On 4 Apr 2007, at 13:47, Paul Doerwald wrote:
> On 4-Apr-07, at 11:09 AM, Eleanor wrote:
>> This should make for an interesting discussion then as I'm pro-REST
>> at the infrastructure level but see the Rails RESTful methodology as
>> deeply flawed. We don't expect database application designers to
>> limit themselves to CRUD so why should we expect Web developers?
>
> I tend to agree. I pondered long and hard about it and eventually
> decided that CRUD != REST, and in fact they both have seriously
> limited value, although what they do they do very well and better
> than any alternative. I'm looking forward to the discussion on the
> 16th!

I've been developing some ideas to do with REST based on relational
theory, partly thanks to the long-running thread on the subject on
RubyTalk. I can see a role in the future for an Rails extension along
those lines, but I'm not sure I'll have time to develop it.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
----