[LRUG] apache 2.0 + mongrel

Ed Davey Ed at veryreal.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 03:40:50 PDT 2007

I had a similar problem on an about-to-be-deployed setup which had long
periods of inactivity. Once I configured my monitoring system to check the
site's availablility every 5 mins the problem was "fixed".

If you're not already using it you might want to look into Monit for
monitoring and restarting services where necessary. Ilya G has a detailed
explanation of how to configure Monit for Mongrel use at:

http://www.igvita.com/blog/2006/11/07/monit-makes-mongrel-play-nice/

and there's a guide to installing Monit on Debian which covers the Apache
side at:

ED