[LRUG] Apress Books

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 03:07:27 PDT 2007

Exciting news everyone, the books from Apress have arrived!

We've got 5 copies of Beginning Ruby and 5 copies of Beginning Google Maps
With Rails And AJAX.  Unfortunately these 10 copies are more than the number
of folk who said "ooh, me please" on the last thread, so I've divided them
up as follows:

Beginning Ruby:
Suw Charman
Eran Ben Shabbat
Peter Jones

Beginning Google Maps With Rails And AJAX:
Paul Doerwald
Martin Sadler
Jason Green
Eleanor McHugh

If you guys confirm that you are still up for reviewing these books then
I'll work out what to do with the spares.  Also, let me know how you want to
get your hands on the book, I work in Holborn so a lunchtime or post-work
meetup in central London shouldn't be too hard to hand them over, or I can
just bring them along to the next LRUG meeting.

But, "Hold on a minute!" I hear you cry, "I offered to review one or both of
the books, but my name's not on thoses lists".  Yes, you did, but because we
didn't have enough copies for everyone, out of fairness I decided to split
dishing the books out into 2 rounds, the first favouring those who were at
the meeting over those who weren't, and those who specified an interest in a
specific book over those who were just happy to review anything.  For the
second round I've collected everyone's names and ones I've assigned above
have been confirmed, I'll work out some nice and fair way of dishing them
out, perhaps a few games of the 101 gesture version of Rock, Paper, Scissors
(http://www.umop.com/rps101.htm)

Cheers,

Muz