[LRUG] graphics with ruby?

Jon Wood jon at blankpad.net
Sun Dec 30 10:21:15 PST 2007

Hi Justin,

I don't have any experience using Rails with Flash, however if you
want to do graphics stuff on your Mac I can vouch for RubyCocoa, which
is now installed by default on any Mac OS box running Leopard.

I'm developing a simple game using it at the moment, and it's the
first time in years I have really enjoyed GUI programming! It often
makes me think of Visual Basic, without being forced to do everything
in such a horrible language.

There is a bit of a learning curve, as the documentation for Cocoa is
all aimed at Objective C users, but once you learn to transpose the
concepts to  Ruby it's surprisingly simple.

Jon