[LRUG] cpu load with autotest

Robert McKinnon rob_m_mckinnon at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 10:10:41 PST 2007

You can reduce the frequency at which autotest checks for changes on
your file system by editing the @sleep attribute on the Autotest class.
For ZenTest 3.6.1 I was able to open up autotest.rb in an editor:

  sudo vi +145
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ZenTest-3.6.1/lib/autotest.rb

and increase the sleep time between checks from 1 second to 5 seconds,
by changing the @sleep value:

  @sleep = 5

Now autotest is much better behaved, and carbon friendlier too!

-Rob