[LRUG] Next Month - Call for participation

soledad penadés | sole listas at soledadpenades.com
Fri Feb 16 05:02:06 PST 2007

Ok so as this is about asking for something we want to know more about...
I'll ask!

This is not rails specific, should be appliable to any technology (but rails
is the one which is refreshing this concept)

I have been following with high interest the REST-y approach to controllers
and all that. Buuuut I'm still stuck on something and it is Authentication.
They are saying we should use http auth since it is what REST is about - to
use the HTTP protocol as it is specified. But it looks a bit limited, once
you log in like that, you have to close the browser for the auth to be
"canceled". No space for a "logout" button which deletes cookies since
there's no cookie to be deleted. You know what I mean!

What do you think should be the best approach? has anybody been in this
situation before?

Ultimately, what I'm asking/wondering about is "what's the best way for
doing this".

If it doesn't make up for a complete talk then do not hesitate and post your
comment, maybe in a different thread to not to spoil this topic, please
please please! :-)

Thanks!

www.soledadpenades.com