[LRUG] Future participation (Re: Next Month - Call for participation)

Chris Parsons chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 04:04:08 PST 2007

I've got a couple of short talks up my sleeve, but I think I'd like
to wait until I've been able to attend at least one meeting before
giving a talk! I'm planning on coming next month - couldn't Monday
due to my car being smashed into by someone not looking properly
before pulling out in front :-(

Anyway, if anyone was interested, I could probably talk at some
future point about the Invoice DSL [1] (how Ruby is *just great* for
DSL coding), or about Pin in the Map [2] (how Rails helps you write
apps that just fill one simple need *really* quickly, what this could
mean for the future of web apps).

If these subjects aren't of interest, no worries, but I thought I'd
offer in any case.

Regards
Chris

[1a] http://blog.edendevelopment.co.uk/articles/2006/10/03/domain-
specific-language-for-invoices
[1b] http://blog.edendevelopment.co.uk/articles/2006/10/05/invoice-
dsl-now-supports-time-and-currency
[2] http://pininthemap.com

--
Chris Parsons
Director, Eden Development (UK) Ltd
chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
www.edendevelopment.co.uk

0845 0097 094
po box 425, winchester, so23 0wy, uk

Tried Pin in the Map? Mark a map location, add text, send to friends.
http://pininthemap.com

This electronic message and all contents contain information from the
sender which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee
(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any copying, disclosure,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If
you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy the original message and all
copies. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions.