[LRUG] Funding a start-up?

Eleanor eleanor at goth-chic.org
Fri Jan 12 02:19:12 PST 2007

On 12 Jan 2007, at 08:52, Matt Wynne wrote:
> I think what you're looking for is called 'seed funding' - enough for
> you to mature your 'seed' of an idea into something concrete you
> could show to people.
>
> One thing I did learn from it startup school is that Paul Graham[2]
> is a really nice bloke. Having made his billions selling a startup to
> yahoo, he now runs a VC company for seeding startups called y-
> combinator[3] - it might be worth pitching your idea to him, or at
> least getting in touch to see if he's got any advice: as I say, a
> very nice bloke.

Yes, I think seed funding is the thing I need right now. I have a lot
of new technology bristling and ideas for innovative products (that's
the easy bit) but I need some support developing those into something
that's commercially viable. I really need someone who would have
taken a punt on Google, before there was a Google.

Funnily enough I remember looking at the y-combinator website
sometime last year, just hadn't connected the two things. doh!
I'll do a bit of research into the kind of projects they've funded in
the past and see if what I have in mind would fit.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
----