[LRUG] February Meeting - Speakers needed

Paolo Donà paolo.dona at seesaw.it
Wed Jan 24 02:32:50 PST 2007

Here's my proposal:

Title: Do we really need a plugin for tabbed navigation?
Synopsys: In this presentation I'll show you the
tabnav<http://blog.seesaw.it/pages/tabnav>plugin, and will discuss its
implementation. This plugin rises a few
questions on how we deal with view components. Is it ok to have configurable
and ready-to-use widgets instead of rails helpers? How should those widgets
be configured? Is it ok to write a specific DSL for each widget? As you see
this presentation raises many questions, I'll give you my point of view and
I'll try to stimulate a discussion around it.
About Me: I'm a Ruby and Java software developer, running an Italian
startup: SeeSaw <http://www.seesaw.it>. I'm the founder of the JUG
Padova<http://www.jugpadova.it>,
the biggest Java User Group in Italy, and now I'm part of the Italian Ruby
Community <http://ruby-it.org>. I sometimes write  technical articles for a
great Italian ruby blog <http://www.therubymine.com>.
You can find my past speeches here <http://blog.seesaw.it/pages/speeches>.
There's a video of my last speech at the RomeCamp<http://barcamp.org/RomeCamp>
here<http://www.radioradicale.it/modules/archivio/playmedia.php?IdIntervento=2047140&m=47>(sorry
it's in Italian, we'll add subtitles as soon as possible).

Let me know if it matches your requirements,
Paolo

paolo.dona at seesaw.it
personal http://paolodona.blogspot.com