[LRUG] February Meeting - Speakers needed

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Wed Jan 24 12:37:49 PST 2007

"Graeme Mathieson" <mathie at rubaidh.com> writes:
> On 23/01/07, Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk> wrote:
>>

>> Drat! And here's me in London the Monday before with a half written
>> presentation on an acts_as plugin I'm in the process of writing to
>> make working with nested resources easier.
>>

> Ooh, if you're looking for anybody to test the plugin, just shout!

Will do, though you seem to have found the blog entry I wrote about
it.

> I've gotten as far as tweaking the scaffold_resource generator so
> that it'll take a --parent option and generate the appropriate
> goodness with the right calls to +*_path+, etc.  I've also patched
> simply_helpful (see http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/6503 for the
> patch) so that +form_for+ will cope with nested resources.  But I'm
> sure there's more ways in which my life could be made easier.

Scaffolding still gives me the shudders (admittedly, the
resource_scaffold's improvement). I'm aiming to reach the point where,
if you're writing in a resourceful style, your resource controller
will look something like:

  class BooksController < ResourceController
  end

Now that's what I *call* a skinny controller.

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/