[LRUG] Old Programming Books

Eleanor eleanor at goth-chic.org
Tue Jan 2 08:27:42 PST 2007

On 28 Dec 2006, at 17:23, Graham Ashton wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 December, Harjeet Taggar wrote:
>
>> I just had a v quick question - what do you all do with old
>> programming books that you don't need anymore?  Do you sell them on
>> ebay/other sites or just keep hold of them?
>
> I've just started listing some as cheaply as I can on Amazon in the
> hope that I'll get some interest (though I'm not optimistic).
>
> I need to recover some shelf space.

Same here. Not to mention cupboard and attic space. I'm slowly
turning over books on Amazon and whilst it takes ages (and they take
a hefty slice of the proceeds) it's marginally better than eBay.

I really wish I'd never picked up the habit of buying technical books
by the yard - it's a damn expensive addiction and I'm fed-up arguing
with the tax man over the idea of books as a consumable! And then of
course there's the books I can't get rid of because of their
sentimental value *sigh*

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains