[LRUG] Funding a start-up?

Eleanor eleanor at goth-chic.org
Thu Jan 11 13:37:50 PST 2007

On 11 Jan 2007, at 17:18, benjohn at fysh.org wrote:
> My experience is that people fund you when:
>
>   1) You are obviously going to succeed anyway because you already
> are,
> but they can help you get there a bit quicker, or get up to "the next
> level", or
>
>   2) You're in the right place at the right time and meet the right
> person with the right connection and right level of drink lubrication,
> etc.
>
> Basically, just do it, as quickly as possible, and get it out
> there. If
> it's good, it might do well. If you're anything like me, what you need
> more than cash is someone else who also thinks the idea is good,
> and so
> will keep your enthusiasm topped up.

There is a certain truth to that lol
Ideally I need a backer who can provide some of security I'd have in
employment (i.e. a regular income) whilst I write code. I know the
obvious answer is to do this on the side whilst working for someone
else, but in this case that's not an option :(

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
----