[LRUG] Meetup Mashup

elliot resper elliotresper at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 15:57:30 PDT 2007

It was nice meeting several of you tonight at the LRUG meetup.  Thank you James and Tom for interesting talks.

I was chatting with a few people and the idea came up of having a complimentary meeting with a slightly different format.  Basically, we would meetup and try coding a rails mashup for 2-3 hours.  These don't have to be sophisticated.  The idea would be to maybe demonstrate the usefulness of certains gems or plugins and how they can be integrated.

There would be no set agenda and no group leaders.  People could come with a project idea or work on someone else's.  You exchange tips on the different aspects of a rails mashup (scraping, resting, servicing).  At the end of it all, we would go for drinks, have a bbq, play nintendo wii, whatever...

This is just to sort of measure the interest in the wider group.  If this sounds like a meetup you would attend, send a message either to the mailing list or my address.  And I'll work on the logistics of making it happen.

Cheers,
Elliot