[LRUG] Mentoring Meetups

Peter Jones peterbjones at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 14:17:32 PDT 2007

Hi Steve,

I had an idea for an LRUG mentoring/tutoring type
application.

Basically someone could make a request to be
mentored/tutored on a Ruby/Rails subject using the
application and a more experienced LRUG person would
hopefully do so. The only condition is that the person
who has been mentored/tutored (and now knows about
that subject) would have to agree to mentor/tutor two
other LRUG members on that topic should they request
it.

The application would build up a database of LRUG
member skills/expertise that was available to other
LRUG members.

I'm not sure if this would be suitable for your
meetups. Hopefully we can chat about it after the next
LRUG meeting.

Peter.