[LRUG] IronRuby - beware

John Scholes j3s1c4 at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 27 08:15:15 PDT 2007

It is certainly not an ad hominem attack! I was merely pointing out that
someone who had just accused me of FUD (in the rather mild point I had
made about MS) had a particular viewpoint/background which he had not
disclosed.

An ad hominem attack is an attack. Where exactly is the attack in my
words below? The last sentence you quote below was not ironical or
sarcastic, it meant exactly what it said - someone's background of
financial interest does not invalidate their opinion. However, it is
surely something which people are entitled to know when trying to
evaluate competing arguments.

Moreover the following paragraph, which you did not quote, seemed to me
a model of balance and fairness :)

John Scholes
http://doyoulovems.com/