[LRUG] Roy Fielding keynote at RailsConf Europe

Jonathan Leighton j at jonathanleighton.com
Fri Jul 13 11:10:40 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 13:04 +0100, Paul Ardeleanu wrote:
> On 12/07/07, Chris Parsons <chris at edendevelopment.co.uk> wrote:
> > Sure. There's two of us potentially going from Eden and currently I'm
> > looking at a £150 flight (from Southampton, mind). Anyone found any
> > cheap-ish hotels close by?
>
> You can get much cheaper flights if you travel from London (not sure
> if worth the hassle in your case).
> I've also had a look on Expedia and found some good deals for flight +
> hotel (within 2 miles of the conference) for under £300 which sounds
> like a very good deal.

Is there likely to be a "donation drive" type thing at RailsConf Europe,
like they had at the American one? If so, would you consider donating at
the conference? In which case, would you consider investigating the cost
of taking the train to Berlin rather than flying as an alternative to
making a charitable donation at the conference? It would do the planet
some good...

--
Jonathan Leighton, Web Developer
http://jonathanleighton.com/