[LRUG] Next LRUG Meeting - 11th June

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 01:28:35 PDT 2007

Hi all,

The next meeting is going to be on the 11th June at the usual place.  The
majority of the evening is going to be given over to Tom Armitage who is
going to run some Code Katas.  Tom's said he'd send out an email sometime
this week to explain the format of the evening a bit more, so I'll leave the
description to him.

However, there's still a space at the start of the evening for a short
talk.  Does anyone want to do a short 'intro-to' style talk about
something?  These short talks needn't be particularly in-depth; just enough
to tell us what it is and why you are using it and hopefully this will be
and to get us to think about why we also might want to.  For example, I've
noticed a couple of LRUG members have recently released stuff:

Jonathan Leighton's Restflection plugin for Rails -
http://jonathanleighton.com/blog/restflection-rails-plugin
Stephen Bartholomew's StaticMatic -
http://rubyforge.org/projects/staticmatic/

Maybe one of you would like to do a short talk about the technologies you've
used in these releases, or even a short 'vendor' session to show them off.

Any takers?

Cheers,

Muz