[LRUG] Ideas

David Townsend toonsend at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:09:11 PST 2007

I've just written my first plugin.  I found when you have multiple
scriptaculous droppables on a single page you get a massive slowdown
particularly in IE6.  I've written a small extension to scriptaculous
and a rails js helper to create the fast droppables.

I have two questions.  One I've extended ScriptaculousHelper by simply
reopening the class in my plugins lib directory, so question 1.

Is this the correct way to do it?

module ActionView::Helpers::ScriptaculousHelper

Second question what should I do with it?  I don't have a blog, I
think it'd be useful to others. So is there a central repository I can
bung it?

cheers

David Townsend