[LRUG] Who's interested in talking about REST at a meeting?

James Adam james.adam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:47:18 PDT 2007

As the person who deals with all the bounced spam, I feel some
responsibility for this list, and with that in mind I feel I have no
choice but to shut down LRUG completely.

Because of this thread.

You have only yourselves to blame.

:P

(And don't even dare try to bring up Gina G.'s "GET fresh"
http://www.lyricsdrive.com/lyrics/g-gina/304012/fresh/)

On 3/14/07, Tom Armitage <tom at infovore.org> wrote:
> > On 14/03/07, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> >> Yeah let's talk about REST
> >>
> >> http://www.asklater.com/steve/blog/?p=81
> >>
> >> (slow day)
> >
> > Ah, PUT it, PUT it good
> > Ah, PUT it, PUT it real good
> > Ah, PUT it, PUT it good
> > Ah, PUT it, P-PUT it real good
> >
> > Tom
>
> I see your "PUT it", and raise you "REST-pectable" by Mel and Kim:
>
> GET or DELETE us, only please believe us
> We ain't ever gonna be REST-pectable
>
> It's our occupation, we're a hacking nation
> We keep the pressure on every night
> Specifications are complications
> We don't need to know the where or why
>
> GETting chances, POST advances
> Don't care if you think we're out of line
> Introspection is interrogation
> Get out of here, we just don't have the time
>
> GET or DELETE us, only please believe us
> We ain't ever gonna be REST-pectable
> PUT us, POST us, but you'll never change us
> We ain't ever gonna be REST-pectable
>
> Specification is just frustration
> Give us the endpoint and we're all right
> On each request in, for your information
> We can look after ourselves all right
>
> Representation is our sensation
> We like to PUT our resources on the line
> Representation is our destination
> So don't wait up for us tonight
>
> REPEAT CHORUS
>
> ---