[LRUG] Continuations

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Thu Mar 15 07:10:47 PDT 2007

Hello,

On 15 Mar 2007, at 13:27, Piers Cawley wrote:
> That too. Again, having my grid reset its state a branch fails is very
> useful here. Before I implemented that I was pretty much restricted to
> going through the grid in a fixed order; switching to a 'pick the most
> constrained cell and try and give it a value' strategy substantially
> improved the solver's speed. The current 'example' sudoku I'm solving
> only calls the failure continuation six times.

In a slightly mischievious way, I was under the impression that true
sudokus could always be solved by logic alone and never needed
guesswork.

Am I misinformed* or have you exhausted all the logical attacks you
can think of?(!)

Regards,
Andy Stewart

* "If you're not confused then you're misinformed." -- Anonymous