[LRUG] mod_ruby question

Graham Seaman graham at theseamans.net
Fri Mar 9 06:08:16 PST 2007

Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> I believe that's actually incorrect... HEAD should replicate a GET
> request *exactly*, including the COntent-Length for the non-existent
> content.
>
>    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec9.html#sec9.4

Thanks; of course, you're right - and when I looked a GET isn't
returning the content-length either. And now I'm not sure if I'm having
a problem with lack of apache knowledge or lack of ruby knowledge. Is
there a standard ruby solution to generate headers without having to
instantiate a CGI object on every single page? Or is that unnecessary
and there's something I should do with mod_headers instead? (I'm using
mod_ruby, and passing all .html files to the ERubyRun handler; running
on Debian sarge with a vanilla apache2)

Thanks
Graham