[LRUG] Continuations (was Re: The first LRUG Code Review needs your ruby!)

Chris Parsons chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 16:10:22 PDT 2007

Thanks - I thought this continuations stuff was pretty interesting.

Struck me that some sort of journaling of object changes might be a
good way of rewinding to previous states arbitrarily. You'd have to
redefine some pretty low-level stuff, but then once it's done the
higher level code gets much simpler:

Object.checkpoint(:some_point)
# do stuff
Object.rewind_to(:some_point)

Needs refining to make it work across the whole program state ... any
ideas?

Chris ('crap rails code' guy :-)

On 12 Mar 2007, at 22:05, Marcus Roberts wrote:

> If people are interested in the Structure and Interpretation of
> Computer Programs book mentioned at tonight's meeting,  it's
> available online here:
>
> http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/

Chris Parsons
Director, Eden Development (UK) Ltd
chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
www.edendevelopment.co.uk

0845 0097 094
po box 425, winchester, so23 0wy, uk
Map: http://pininthemap.com/edendevelopment

Tried Pin in the Map? Mark a map location, add text, send to friends.
http://pininthemap.com

This electronic message and all contents contain information from the
sender which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee
(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any copying, disclosure,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If
you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy the original message and all
copies. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions.