[LRUG] Who's interested in talking about REST at a meeting?

Tom Armitage tom at infovore.org
Wed Mar 14 14:21:29 PDT 2007

> On 14/03/07, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
>> Yeah let's talk about REST
>>
>> http://www.asklater.com/steve/blog/?p=81
>>
>> (slow day)
>
> Ah, PUT it, PUT it good
> Ah, PUT it, PUT it real good
> Ah, PUT it, PUT it good
> Ah, PUT it, P-PUT it real good
>
> Tom

I see your "PUT it", and raise you "REST-pectable" by Mel and Kim:

GET or DELETE us, only please believe us
We ain't ever gonna be REST-pectable

It's our occupation, we're a hacking nation
We keep the pressure on every night
Specifications are complications
We don't need to know the where or why

GETting chances, POST advances
Don't care if you think we're out of line
Introspection is interrogation
Get out of here, we just don't have the time

GET or DELETE us, only please believe us
We ain't ever gonna be REST-pectable
PUT us, POST us, but you'll never change us
We ain't ever gonna be REST-pectable

Specification is just frustration
Give us the endpoint and we're all right
On each request in, for your information
We can look after ourselves all right

Representation is our sensation
We like to PUT our resources on the line
Representation is our destination
So don't wait up for us tonight

REPEAT CHORUS

---