[LRUG] Managing static sites with Haml & Sass

Stephen Bartholomew steve at curve21.com
Wed May 23 08:59:20 PDT 2007

Hey Andy,

Thanks for your feedback.

StaticMatic doesn't actually use Rails, but I agree with your
points.  Sometimes it's great to take advantage of benefits of a
dynamic site such as keeping things DRY and structured, but with the
flexibility and speed of a static site.

Regarding using ERB, it's certainly possibly.  I was mainly trying to
avoid writing tons of HTML so that's why I've used Haml.  The
additional helpers are currently Haml specific, but that shouldn't be
a huge thing to change.

I'm just setting up the project on Rubyforge so you'll be able to
access the latest code then.  It would defiantly be interesting to
see if it can be integrated into ActionView.  I'm working on
configuration so it could be an option there.

Cheers,

Steve